1. Decide the purpose of your visit. The purpose of a visit may be a wedding, a honeymoon or just a family vacation. Koh Samui has different types of accommodation for all types of purposes. Make sure you have a clear vision as to why you want to come and make your bookings accordingly.
2. Decide on your budget. On Koh Samui, you will find a variety of hotels and resorts with a price per night ranging from less than a $50 to $1000 or more. Select your accommodation that fits your budget. It’s always good to do some research online and look for good deals . Use tripadvisor to get an idea as to what hotel are available and how previous customers reviewed them.
3. Decide the type of accommodation. You will find a variety of places to stay in Koh Samui, ranging from budget hotels to luxurious villas and beach front resorts. You can choose ones near the town or the ones set in the tranquil mountains amidst the jungle.
4. Decide what you need. You should make a thorough study of the facilities available in your preferred place of stay before making a final decision. Most of the high-end villas and properties in Koh Samui provide all western luxuries to their customers, but it is always better to check the website to confirm. This will help to avoid disappointment during your stay. Amenities like spa, pool, music room, satellite television and free wi-fi are common ones.
5. Decide how close you want to be to tourist attractions. Although Koh Samui is famous for its wonderful beaches, there are a number of other interesting places that you might want to explore. Choose your place of stay keeping this in mind.
6. Address your safety concerns. Do a thorough check of the safety features available in the villa or resort so that you can stay peacefully. Most of them have excellent security features like gated compounds and round the clock security personnel on duty. Check out the property website to know the security features especially when you are travelling with children.
7. Check out the kids facilities (if needed). It is absolutely essential that the place of your stay has adequate facilities to keep your children safe and happy. It is also necessary that they are allowed to have fun in a safe environment. Most of the villas take excellent care of kids and have well developed play areas for kids. Many villas also have trained personnel to take care of your kids while you enjoy Koh Samui.
8. Decide what food you like and how close you want to be to restaurants. There is a great variety and quality of food available in Koh Samui restaurants. But it is always better to check out whether your place of stay also provides quality food. Most of the resorts and villas do have modern kitchens where you can do your own cooking or get help of well qualified chefs.Click here to see list of top restaurants